Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Un-wooable

He tried to convince me to stay. The carefully planned speech included the possibility of more money, a changed workload and an office upgrade! So sweet, so flattering, so impossible. I gently cut him short and instead we chatted about the recent transitions other former co-workers have made, family, his professional path. And he shared what he's valued most about my contribution. I'm left feeling very warm toward him but not at all tempted. Honestly, it's amazing how clear and confident I feel right now, facing no income in less than two weeks. Why did it take this and this long to reach a place of peace and resolve? I hope (and believe) that it means I made the right decision.

Besides the friendly vibes, the woo convo was good because I planted the seeds of a plan to consult for this place in the future. He was interested and it softened the blow a bit. Happy, happy, happy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment