Monday, January 4, 2010

Delayed Gratification

I got to work so early, I beat my boss! So the big announcement's got to wait for a bit. The only other person on the floor is the President of the organization. I just said good morning and kept it moving. My supervisor, who's been something of a mentor to me, deserves to hear this first.

My sleep was full of dreams last night. The most memorable had me pushing off from a helicopter to tumble into a glittering sea. I hit the water fast and kept traveling down, down, down in a column of bubbles. I quickly realized that there was so much air around me that I could breathe as I descended. When my speed slowed and the water closed in, I started kicking. This was the point of panic. I doubted whether I was kicking in the right direction. I worried that I'd landed to far from the shore to safely swim there. (Did I mention that in real life I'm a poor swimmer and a bit of a hydrophobe?) Then I started to see sunlight and knew I was nearing the surface. When my head popped up -- euphoria! I'd landed perfectly, could swim to land, was so proud of myself. So nice when the subconcious gives you just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment