Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mad Dash

Wow, this dash to the finish line is stressful. My office is awash in paper. The volume of unfiled emails is a sin. Folks are racing to get help with their project before I escape. I want to help them all, plus finish the lingering major projects on my plate. In bed this morning, I toyed with the idea of pushing my last date back a bit, to mid-week. But that's a cop-out. Getting it over and done with is the thing. So early mornings and late nights on task for the next 2-3 days. It will be done.

My dear friend OneofHisMoms sent me a card! It's addressed to my real name, with the middle name "Freedom" inserted. The festive red envelope is marked with instructions to open it, hold it over my head and shake. What could be in it? Glitter? Pixie dust? Freedom sea salt? Whatever it is, I'm gonna shake it all over me Friday evening when I'm truly free.

Home stretch, home stretch . . . . Did I mention I set up a great job interview yesterday? Goodnees filling the empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment