Friday, January 8, 2010

My Dog Is Made of Lemonade

Dragging butt to a job I've already decided to leave to do work I'm not enthusiastic about and meet with a boss who just snubbed me -- BIG, sour, hard lemon. But having my cute little dog in the office with me is making it all better. One great thing about having already quit is that I can kinda do what the hell I want 'cuz they ain't gonna fire me! So my sweet puppy is curled up under my desk, with his head on my shoe, snoring away contentedly. Anyone comes to my door, he growls so I don't have to, then starts wiggling, and greeting and disarms any tension with his charm. This may be the way I get through the next week. And when the job is done, lots of long walks for the little guy. Wonder if I should invest in some of those silly looking dog shoes to protect his paws from the salt as we stomp through the city . . .

1 comment:

  1. Yay, poochie! Good job.

    The booties are actually a good purchase, though they look a little silly. They do protect the feet.

    ReplyDelete